Ok, now that I have y'all reading this far...please take the time (if you have not already done so) to read our About Us
and Posting Guidelines
. Our Posting Guidelines are fairly cut and dry...we wanted it that way to avoid any confusion. Easy to read and easy to remember...no excuses.
Another source of Moosey info is our Insider's Guide to Motley Moose
, where you can find some of the unwritten 'rules' and traditions of Motley Moose (but, realize, new traditions are always being made!).
Here are a few other helpful tips that will ease your way:
- Our comment threads tend to become 'unmanageable' at about the 200 comment mark. Things get boggy and can really frustrate those with slower machines. So, when a comment thread is hopping and has reached that point...just start a 'Part Deux' diary to continue the conversation.
- It cannot be said too many times...write about whatever you are passionate about. Be it politics, photography, poetry, weather, books, movies, or your new puppy...really, whatever interests you is bound to interest other Moose.
- Think of our comment threads as dinner table conversations. We start with the assumption that all come to the conversation with good intentions and go from there. If you get upset or angry, get up from the table and step outside for a bit. Things can still get heated here at times (/raises hand in guilt), but, we do tend to make peace quickly and continue working towards finding common ground.
- You may find that Preview while writing a diary is a frustrating experience. The font, spacing, and general 'look' do not accurately depict the way the diary will look once published. In order to see it properly, select Draft, then Preview, then SAVE (as draft). Viewing the saved Draft allows you to see the diary as it will be posted. It adds a couple steps but, in the long run, it can save time in editing.
- To post YouTube clips, please select "use old embed" code when embedding. Soapblox does not accept iframes as valid tags. Also, when posting video OR images, please avoid ones exceeding 500px in width because it distorts the formatting of the site (and be aware of how far to the right margin you are in a comment thread...if it is a long thread the images should be even smaller).
That is all that is coming to my mind in these wee hours, I am sure I am missing a lot...but, that is what the comments are for!
Ask away...I'm sure that someone will be able to answer whatever is puzzling you.
If you would rather ask something in not so public a manner...just Email Us.
Consider this an Open Thread...have at it!