If you are new to the Moose, Kysen left a Moose Welcome Mat (Part Deux)
so, please, wipe your feet before you
walk in the front door
You are invited to stop in at donnamarie's Introduction Diary later and let everyone know who you are and what your passions are: politics, pooties, photography, whatevers.
Some stuff I figured out:
- If you just joined, there may be a 24 hour waiting period to comment. You will be able to start a comment and it will APPEAR as though you can post it but the Post will error out. There will be a 24 hour wait to rate and build a sig line. 48 hour wait to write an article (diary).
- Comments do not Auto-refresh. Click the refresh/reload on your tab to see new ones. Or click the diary title at the top or the bottom of the page. Do NOT assume you are all alone if you don't see comments "appearing" ... comments do not just show up, they are invited. ;)
- When you click Preview, the screen does not jump and show you the preview. You have to scroll up a bit to see the preview and click Post.
- When a diary gets to 200 comments it bogs down. Kysen suggests we stop and build a Part II if threads get unmanageable.
- New comments in a diary can be found by searching for [new] BUT:
- The new tags are cleared on a refresh.
- The new tags are cleared when you reply to a comment while you are in the diary.
- To check for replies to your comments, click the "My Comments" link in the right-hand column (or go to "My Moose"). Comments will be listed and a link to Recent Replies will be shown.
The comment replies page ROCKS! It not only shows the subject line of your comment but the subject line (and user) of the replies ... and if their reply was replied to. Great information to tend your comments and your diaries.
(Note: Tending comments builds community)
- If you click FAIL and meant Fierce, just click Fierce. Most people Fierce as a way to keep track of what they read. If you feel that someone has Fiercely Failed, you are out of luck ... you can only choose one of the three. ;)
This is pretty darned easy to remember ... the posting rules for a new diary:
Be excellent to each other... or else
From Kysen's keyboard to your eyes:
Think of our comment threads as dinner table conversations. We start with the assumption that all come to the conversation with good intentions and go from there. If you get upset or angry, get up from the table and step outside for a bit.
For those looking for a second chance to make a first impression, that is very good advice.
Yesterday's Daily F Bomb (don't forget to hover over the photos).
See you in the threads!