If you are new to the Moose, Kysen left a Moose Welcome Mat (Part Deux)
so, please, wipe your feet before you
walk in the front door
The important stuff to get you started:
- Comments do not Auto-refresh. Click the refresh/reload on your tab to see new ones.
- To check for replies to your comments, click the "My Comments" link in the right-hand column (or go to "My Moose"). Comments will be listed and a link to Recent Replies will be shown. (Note: Tending comments builds community)
- Ratings: Fierce means Thumbs Up, Fail means Thumbs Down, Meh means one of three things: I am unFailing you but I can't Fierce you, I am unFiercing after a mistaken Fierce, or Meh. Just Meh.
- Ratings don't bestow mojo, online behaviour does.
- Only click Post once for comments. When a diary's comment thread gets longer, it takes a bit to reload and the comment may not display as quickly. Clicking the Post button twice puts the comment out there twice. (h/t Khloe)
- When creating a new diary, remember to choose the Draft option (near the bottom) while you are working on it. Choose the Public option when you want to publish it. (h/t Khloe)
(Some other commenting/posting/tending notes for newbies can be found in this past check-in and, of course, consult Meese Mehta for all your questions on meesely decorum.)
Here is a great link to have open in a tab: Motley Moose Recent Comments
This is pretty darned easy to remember ... the posting rules for a new diary:
Be excellent to each other... or else
From our news hound, jlms qkw:
All the News Fit to Share: Weekend Edition
Welcome to the nearly-nightly news diary providing an open news thread throughout the day! Feel free to comment on any of the stories in the diary or shared in the comments and share your own (help provided at the end of the diary).
News stories may be added throughout the day, so please stop back ...
And if you are a new moose (or an old moose) looking for a second chance to make a first impression, you can start right here.